Wednesday 3 October 2018

Magpie

Magpie: Character Post 67

During the 1980s, LeeLee Grene had a black cat she called Millie. Despite the name, Millie was male; an unsettling cat that made a point of sitting on the stairs of the Over Here B&B which LeeLee and her husband managed with help from LeeLee's brothers. Millie was a fay tom, and so long-lived, but by the late 2000-teens, he'd presumably gone where good cats go. When LeeLee's daughter Promise visited the B&B after a long absence she was pleased to find Millie's grandson, Magpie, still in residence.
Like his predecessor, Magpie enjoyed sitting on the stairs, spooking guests. He was black and white, and so not able to loom so well in the dark corners, but he made the most of an intense stare and a sinister tilt to the whiskers.
Magpie's first (and to date only) appearance is in I Promise- (coming soon as of October 2018) 


ABOUT THE BLOG


Sally is Sally Odgers; author, anthologist and reader. You can find you way into her maze of websites and blogs via the portal here.(Sally is me, by the way.)

The goal for 2017 was to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. 2017 is well behind us, but I ran out of year before running out of books. As of June 2018 I STILL hadn't run out of books, but many of those still to come are MIA by which I mean I don't have copies and remember little about them. There are more new books in the pipeline, and I'm certainly showcasing those, but in between times, I'm profiling some of my characters, places, objects and themes. Thank you so much to everyone who's come along on this journey so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading