Tuesday 28 May 2019

First Hundred Words of Inspector Jacques

I've been playing with the first 100 words of some of my books. To avoid cutting off in the middle of a sentence, I'll go to 100 and then add the rest of the sentence in question. Here's the opening hundred of Inspector Jacques


Sarge was eating breakfast when the postman rattled the letter box.
Preacher and I shot out our dogdoor to play the Postman Game, but we were too late. Preacher gave a little howl of disappointment as the postman rode on past Foxie’s yard.
 ‘That new postman doesn’t play fair,’ said Foxie as he crawled under the hedge into our terrier-tory. ‘I don’t like him.’ He sat down to scratch his ribs, then sniffed about to see if Preacher and I had left any breakfast in our bowls. Of paws, we hadn’t.
Foxie grumbled about that. Then he left our yard (never mind how) and trotted off to visit Spotty Sprat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading