Friday 10 May 2019

2019 in Focus: April


2019 in Focus: April
This is number four in the 2019 in Focus series.


Every day in April I went out for a walk with my tablet or camera and took photos. I chose one or more to represent that day and wrote some accompanying verse. Almost every photo and verse was created on the stated day. The photos are not all in focus, but when I chose a fuzzy one it was for a good reason.

April was full of autumn images, most of which, sometimes with a little stretch, had to do with the April theme of embellishment.

I made some of the photos into sets or collages. A few of them have been digitally altered to remove something ugly and intrusive. This was done in Paint. The colour, brightness and contrast are left natural and I didn’t use any effects. The coloured frames and text were mostly done using sampled colour from the photos.

After March’s excesses, I promised a slimmer vol this time and it is… a bit.
It has around 79 poems in it. To the left you can see the four covers so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading