Friday 11 August 2017

Frizzle Sizzle Sunbusters are Cool

Welcome to Sally's book-a-day-for-2017 blog. If unfamiliar with the blog, scroll down.

Frizzle Sizzle Sunbusters are Cool (1990) (Post 224)


Frizzle Sizzle Sunbusters are Cool was a commission. Twenty-seven years later I don't remember much about it, except for a distinct impression it was one of those jobs that gave me considerable trouble getting the tone right. I also seem to recall it sold an enormous number of copies in the colouring-in edition... not that this was much of a concern to me since it was a flat-fee book.

As the picture and title imply, this is a non-fiction title about sun-safety. I probably have a copy somewhere, but the only part of it I really remember is mentioning that if your shadow is pooled around your feet like a pair of fallen-down pants, then that's a good time to be out of the sun.





ABOUT THE BLOG


Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)

The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading