Wednesday 12 July 2017

Outback Lullaby

Welcome to Sally's book-a-day-for-2017 blog. If unfamiliar with the blog, scroll down.

 Outback Lullaby (2016) Post 195


Outback Lullaby is the third in the Lullaby series. We'd done Bushland and Rainforest Lullabys and I'd written a new text. The publisher contacted me and said they'd decided to go ahead with Outback Lullaby. This wasn't the one I'd written, but I was up for it, so this time I looked at ...well...outback animals. The soft green and intense colours of the first two gave way to the rich hot light of the centre, and the cover, to my pleasure, was rendered in lavender and orange. I'd seen this combination before of my picture book Wicked Rose and always liked it.

Outback Lullaby has couplets instead of four lined stanzas, and makes a lovely addition to the set.

About the Blog 

Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)

The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service, leave me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading