Friday 9 August 2019

Pearl's Still Progressing...

I'm still working on Pearl the Friendly Unicorn. Here's a piece where Pearl meets a new friend. This material is first draft, so it may not make it into the book.


‘You’re a bat!’ Pearl said.
            ‘I know,’ it said. ‘I don’t know what you are though. You look like a horse with a spike on its head. It’s a pretty spike, though.’
            Pearl laughed. ‘Thank you. I’m a unicorn. I’m not surprised you didn’t know. I’m the only one in the kingdom, as far as I know.’
            The bat squeaked, ‘Pleased to meet you. I’m sorry if I upset you. I was flying about catching my supper, and I didn’t really see you. I hunt by sound, you see.’
            ‘That’s interesting,’ Pearl said. ‘I’m Pearl. What’s your name?’
            ‘Flit,’ the bat said, ‘but you probably don’t want to talk to me. I make most folk nervous.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading