Thursday 19 October 2017

Wattle We Do?

Wattle We Do?(2003) Post 293


Wattle We Do?  is another of my stories with a question mark in the title. I wrote this one under my Joseph Corella pen-name, and it was illustrated by the same person who did my trade picture book Dragon Mode. I love the design of this series, and only wish the books had been more widely distributed. The interior, as you see from Picture 2, is beautifully embellished.
My main memory of this story, aside from the pictures, is having to find out exactly what Wattle Day entailed before I could write a story about it! It's about a group of children who want to celebrate this festival and have to work out how...

ABOUT THE BLOG

Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)


The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading