Friday 6 October 2017

Story Strategies

Story Strategies (2000) Post 280


Story Strategies by Sally Odgers
Story Strategies is a companion to Picture a Poem. This one has lots of different suggestions for writing stories, and is aimed at primary school children. It's now out of print, but still licenced to the original publisher. Since I had quite a few emails from teachers wanting to replace worn-out copies, and being unable to help them with that, I wrote a book called How to be an Awesome Author which performs the same function. I didn't refer to SS while writing, so as to avoid impinging on my own book's autonomy. (Or something like that...) I also didn't offer Awesome Author to any publisher, preferring to keep it under my own control. Thus, I can keep it updated, and prevent it from going out of print.

If you want a copy of Story Strategies, I can't help you (try eBay), but if you want Awesome Author, I can. You can buy it directly from me, or hie ye to the printer, Amazon, Booktopia or - hey - eBay!

ABOUT THE BLOG

Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)


The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading