Friday 9 June 2017

Laura's Journey to the Stars

Welcome to Sally's book-a-day-for-2017 blog. If unfamiliar with the blog, scroll down.

Laura's Journey to the Stars (2004) Post 160

Laura's Journey to the Stars is a bit of an oddity for me. It was (and probably still is) a German picture book. The small print says "translated by Sally Odgers" which implies I can speak or at least read German. I can't, though I did pick up a few words via Inspector Rex. The editor who hired me for this job provided a raw English translation and asked me to put it into picture book style. I did. The book duly came out and I discovered just today that it has now become an ap. I think it was the second in a series, but know nothing much else about it. It was probably my one and only "translation" job!

About the Blog 


Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)

The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service, leave me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading