Tuesday 11 June 2019

First Hundred Words: Under the Waterfall

I've been playing with the first 100 words of some of my books. To avoid cutting off in the middle of a sentence, I'll go to 100 and then add the rest of the sentence in question. Here's the first hundred words of Under the Waterfall

It's dark, and I hear the water lapping around me, pressing on my shoulders like liquid hands. It reminds me of a scene in a film, when the heroine is floating in the icy ocean, waiting for rescue.
        Except that I'm not in the ocean, and it isn't icy, and I haven't just seen my boyfriend sink under the waves. As far as I know, Jase (who is the nearest thing I have to a boyfriend) is living his usual life of skateboards, pizza and patches of poetry. And - well, come to think of it, my situation doesn't remind me of a film after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading