Friday 7 June 2019

First Hundred Words: The Silver Skateboard

I've been playing with the first 100 words of some of my books. To avoid cutting off in the middle of a sentence, I'll go to 100 and then add the rest of the sentence in question. 
Here be the first 100 words of The Silver Skateboard

‘Yee-hah!’ I jumped on my skateboard and rode it down the garden path. Cottle-de-cottle-de-cottle-de- CLONK. It stopped at the fence.
I stepped off and carried the skateboard back to the house.
‘Yee-hah!’ I jumped on and rode it down the path again. Cottle-de-cottle-de-cottle-de- CLONK.
Back to the house.
‘Yee-hah!’ Cottle-de-cottle-de-cottle-de-
‘Wiley Tyler, stop that noise!’ yelled Mum from the kitchen door.
-CLONK.
‘But Mum, you told me not to ride it inside!’
Mum stuck her hands on her hips. ‘I also told you to wait until we go to the skate-park.’
‘When will that be?’
‘When I have time to take you!’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading