Saturday 29 December 2018

Even the Dog

Even the Dog

I'm not artistic, or musical. I can't sew, beyond putting on buttons. I mostly wear shorts and shirts, jeans and jumpers or long skirts and my usual jewellery consists of my engagement and wedding rings. I'm currently wearing a bracelet of garnet beads, but that's in the spirit of possible therapeutic benefits. 
Despite the above, or maybe because of it, I love creating characters who have the attributes I lack. 

My current wip is set at a music festival. My inner performer is as happy as a dog with two tails about that. Ooh! Ooh! I get to name a whole festival? (Nearly worthy of an interrobang, that.)
I named the festival.
A festival needs acts, right? 
Ooh! Ooh! I get to invent band names? Even better, I get to put in bands I already invented! I get to create dances, food stalls and instruments, and costumes and songs.
Happy as a dog with two tails, as I said.
The Tuesday morning opening act was a super group. I don't know why. It just happened. As well as the acts that had already appeared in the earlier days, a few impromptu groups got up, just for fun.
One of these was called Even the Dog. It consisted of three young women performing a sister act, although they're not sisters. Two of them are the young aunts of the third. They've grown up together and they sing close harmony, which is all very well until the fourth member of the act begins his input. His name is Unka and he is a black dog who howls in harmony. 
Even the Dog, see? Unka doesn't look at all like my dog Pepper who is a Jack Russell but Pepper is possessed of a surprisingly tuneful howl.
Even the Dog.
Happy as a dog with two tails...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading