Thursday 23 May 2019

First Hundred Words: The Peacock's Pearl

I've been playing 7/7/7 for a while, but now I've had a new idea; the first 100 words of some of my books. To avoid cutting off in the middle of a sentence, I'll go to 100 and then add the rest of the sentence in question. Here's the opening salvo of The Peacock's Pearl:

I know it isn’t usual to begin a book with a chapter numbered zero, but this isn’t a usual kind of book.
I could have called this the prologue, or a foreword, but then you might have skipped it and it is important to me (and I hope, to you) that you understand what you’re about to read.
You see…I have a story to tell. Actually, I have seven stories to tell, but they’re all part of the one big story. This first one is about the peacock’s pearl, the Beckingham Bride Chest, an annoying boy with orange hair turned up to the max and my kind-of-dead 5Xgreat granny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading