Saturday 2 March 2019

Auntie Koala's Bush Rhymes

Back in 2011, I wrote a couple of books called Auntie Koala's Bush Rhymes and Auntie Koala's Bush Rhymes 2. Then there was Auntie Koala's Picnic. I subbed them to a publisher who showed interest and thought they might... Somehow I doubt if they will!  In these days of Fiverr and such, maybe I should get them illustrated and self-publish them.

The rhymes are adapted from the old nursery rhymes that pop up in Mother Goose. Here are a couple of samples:


How Many Miles to the Billabong?

How many miles to the Billabong?
Three score and ten
Can I get there by firefly light?
Yes, and back again.
If your hearts are nimble and bright
You can get there by firefly light.


Little Miss Possum

Little Miss Possum
Sat in the blossom
Eating an apple tonight
I stood on the porch
And shone with a torch
And Miss Possum ran off in a fright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading