Sunday 9 April 2017

Writing a Manuscript Proposal

Welcome to Sally's book-a-day-for-2017 blog. If unfamiliar with the blog, scroll down.

Writing a Manuscript Proposal (Post 99)

Writing a Manuscript Proposal (2009 - 2011) is one of the how-to books I produced a few years ago. These all came in response to either problems I perceived during my work or else from requests from clients. I have since produced an omnibus edition including most of the material plus more, but the originals are still available.
A manuscript proposal is the document authors prepare when offering work to publishers. Sometimes it's done for work already finished, and sometimes it's for work that may be done. Different publishers require different information, so this guide describes and demonstrates the various pieces.
Writing a Manuscript Proposal is available in ebook, PDF or paperback from this link , directly from me, and also from iTunes.

About the Blog 
Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)

The goal for 2017 is to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. If you enjoyed a post, or want to ask about any of my books or my manuscript assessment service, post a comment and I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading