Thursday 1 August 2019

2019 in Focus July

 2019 in Focus: July has gone to the printer. As usual, it's a book of verse and photographs, each taken/written on the day in question. This is the cover I chose, and below are the other cover pics I auditioned, along with votes from people who gave their opinions. In the end, I decided on a different picture, as you see!


Every day in July I went out for a walk with my camera and took photos. I chose some to represent each day and wrote accompanying verse. Every photo and verse was created on the stated day. The photos are not all in focus, but when I chose a fuzzy one it was for a good reason.

July came in blustery and wet. I liked the idea of using water or wind for a theme, but water has featured in every month so far, and wind and my camera aren’t good friends. Therefore, the theme for this edition of 2019 in Focus is Patterns and Perspectives.


I made some of the photos into sets or collages. A few of them have been digitally altered to remove something ugly and intrusive or to create a flipped pattern. This was done in Paint. Colour, brightness and contrast are left natural and I didn’t use any effects. The coloured frames and text were mostly done using sampled colour from the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading