Friday 1 February 2019

2019 in Focus: January

2019 in Focus: January
A5 size


A4 size
Every day in January I went out for a walk with my tablet camera and took photos. I chose one or more to represent that day and wrote some accompanying verse. Each photo and verse was created on the stated day.

Despite the title, the photos are not all in focus, but when I chose a fuzzy one it was for a good reason.

January was full of early mornings, dogs, river, sky, sunshine and trees. I made some of the photos into triptychs or collages. A few of them have been digitally altered to remove something ugly and intrusive or to close the gap between subjects. This was done in Paint. The colour, brightness and contrast are left natural and I didn’t use any effects. The coloured frames and text were mostly done using sampled colour from the photos.

The only clearly identifiable human subject gave her permission for her image to be used.

This is a private publication, done just for fun. I'm hoping to do a book for each month of 2019. Because this is the first one, I have done test copies in A5 and also in A4. I'll probably just do one size for February, choosing the one that turns out best. The two covers on the left are the two different sizes. Which cover do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading