Monday 12 February 2018

The Giraffe Who Was Afraid of Heights

The Giraffe Who Was Afraid of Heights  (2009) Post 408


 The Giraffe Who Was Afraid of Heights is the second of a couple of books I did about animals being afraid of unlikely things. It's a companion to The Owl Who was Afraid of the Dark. There was a third one, too but I don't think that ever made publication. I have never seen a copy of this one, but in the manuscript copy I retained Giraffe has friends (Toucan and Zebra) who help out with the unlikely fear. To be honest, I'm not even certain this is my book cover. It has the right title and the right publisher, and I did certainly write a book on this subject, but hey - there's at least one other book out there with the same name!
ABOUT THE BLOG

Sally is Sally Odgers; author, manuscript assessor, editor, anthologist and reader. She runs http://www.affordablemanuscriptassessments.com and Prints Charming Books. (Sally is me, by the way, and I am lots of other things too, but these are the relevant ones for now.)

The goal for 2017 was to write a post a day profiling the background behind one of my books; how it came to be written, what it's about, and any things of note that happened along the way. If you're an author, an aspiring author, a reader or just someone who enjoys windows into worlds, you might find this fun. The books are not in any special order, but will be assigned approximate dates, and pictures, where they exist. 2017 is now behind us, but I ran out of year before running out of books, so the blog will continue for at least the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading